The AeroPress Coffee Brewer is one of our most popular coffee brew methods. The AeroPress is an exceptionally forgiving and consistent way of making great coffee. It's also perfect for camping and travel, and the method devoted to by most professional baristas.
PUSH YOUR COFFEE BREWING TO A NEW LEVEL!
The inventor of the original Aerobie Flying Ring is apparently not just a one-trick pony - he went and created the AeroPress - an amazing way to brew coffee! And even more amazing is the fact that it has even given birth to the World AeroPress Championship, and has been celebrated by the specialty coffee community! And rightly so.
The AeroPress is an exceptionally forgiving and consistent way of making great coffee and is particularly useful for travelling and/or workplace java breaks. It is effectively a big BPA-free plastic syringe with a filter at the end instead of a needle and it makes around 250ml (8oz) of coffee per serving. You can also make a stronger coffee solution and dilute if you so desire but, whichever way you choose, it takes less than a couple of minutes to make a delicious cup of coffee and is really easy to clean.
- The AeroPress comes bundled with everything that you need to get started:
- 350 filters
- Filter holder
- Coffee funnel (We also use it as a stand)
- BPA Free, BPS Free, Phthalate Free
- Made from Polypropylene and medical-grade thermoplastic elastomer (styrene-ethylene-butadiene-styrene)
- 1 year manufacturer warranty on material and workmanship defects
So how do you use it? Simple. Firstly, open the box, remove the instructions and throw them away. Then...
- Put your freshly ground and weighed out coffee into the inverted (with the filter end pointing upwards) AeroPress. As a guide, start with 15-16g for 250ml of water and adjust to taste.
- Put the filter into the filter holder and wash through with hot water to get rid of any nasty paper taste
- Pour just off-the-boil water over the coffee, filling the AeroPress nearly to the top
- Stir a prescribed amount of times (we use three) and top off with water
- Attach the filter holder and secure (before the end of the brew time)
- Leave to brew for your preferred brew strength (our preference is about a minute from when the water makes contact)
- Turn over onto the top of your favourite sturdy mug and push down the plunge until the AeroPress is empty, and you hear a slight hissing sound.
We admit, these are pretty rough instructions, but you can click your way over to our friends at brewmethods.com and you will be rewarded with a range of methods for various brewing equipment.
So how do you clean it? You can clean the AeroPress in the top rack of the dishwasher. However, a simple rinse is sufficient because the plunger wipes the chamber. If your chamber ever gets sticky, wash it with vinegar, occasionally removing the seal from the end of the plunger for a good washing inside and out with warm water and dish soap.