Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies | Gluten-Free
- 1cup (80 g) GF quick oats
- 1 cup (128 g) almond flour
- 6 Tbsp (72 g) Sucanat (coconut sugar works too)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) coconut oil (or butter), melted
- 1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (80 g) raisins (soak them for 10 minutes in warm water to make them softer)
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a larger bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, Sucanat, cinnamon, and baking soda. Then, add the egg, coconut oil, molasses, and vanilla, and stir until all the ingredients are thoroughly blended, forming a sticky dough. Add and mix the raisins into the dough. For fun, I did a variation where I added milk chocolate chips instead of raisins, OR you can OMIT the raisins!
3. Make dough balls about two tablespoons large. Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet and gently press them down with your fingers. Leave about 2 inches of space between each cookie, as they will spread during baking. Avoid flattening them too thin.
4. Bake the cookies for 7 – 9 minutes, or until the edges start to take on a golden brown hue.
5. Once out of the oven, let the cookies cool for a few minutes, then let them cool completely on a wire rack. Can be stored up to a week in airtight container!
I got this cool Halloween themed stand at Home Sense btw!